Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 42 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 41 42 >
Topic Options
#276163 - 11/22/09 11:32 AM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
O.K. for all you guys who don't have an Audya, and have absolutely no intention of getting one. . .
Since it was introduced, you could open a style view screen, change volumes, sounds, loops, kits, sounds, etc. I suppose the new software will allow you to CREATE new styles.
I HAVE easily edited some of the ones where I didn't like a sound or volume. It's as simple as three or four button pushes, including the SAVE.
You can also easily substitute audio style parts for midi parts and vice versa, or add loops if you want.

Certainly no intention of getting one, or recommending one, Don, as long as it seems to be a work in progress.

Not that it matters much, as the Audya may not make it to my part of the world, even though we do have a healthy arranger market...especially Newfoundland.

I, like some others, just like discussing these instruments, the way one discusses a Ferrari, or a Prius, even though we may never have need of one or intend to purchase.

The discussion of the Audya, will serve to educate those who are interested in buying, and may save them some of the headaches and hassles experienced by some users(but not you, it seems).

In regards to the style editing already present on the instrument....will it allow you to swap parts from one style and use that part in another...let's say Chord 1 from Texas Swing, to Chord 2 Country Swing?

Will it let you exchange parts within the same style...for example, Chord 1 in Variation A, to Chord 1 in Variation D?

I'm sure any potential buyer would ask these questions...I know I get them a lot on clinics, and in fact help users learn how to edit styles.

Style Creation from scratch, is far more difficult, and beyond the interest of most arranger players, and although I'm sure there are a few, I haven't run into any in all the years I've been doing clinics, so they are a rare breed, for all intents and purposes.

I'm glad you are doing well with the instrument, and maybe it'll make it's way to Eastern Canada...Solton was a popular arranger back in the day, here in the Maritimes, so it's not that big a stretch to imagine the good ship Ketron landing here in the future.

Your answers to my questions would be greatly appreciated.

Ian

#276164 - 11/22/09 11:51 AM Re: Where is OS4
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
[B]korg arrangers are more for players who want to be creative. Ketron, Yamaha and Roland are more for those who want to turn on the keyboard an play without adjusting it to their liking, and with out any creative input from them.

Now this is the best assessment of Korg that I've heard

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#276165 - 11/22/09 12:09 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Be sure you read Genny's other assumptions before you believing everything he says, Jim.

Korg make a great synth based arranger, but it does not guarantee that the player will be creative...in fact, no instrument can promise that happening, although one with deeper synthesis editing might help. We could say that same thing about any other arranger feature, like style editing, something all but the very basic instruments seem to possess.

Still, you are a very creative guy, so it obviously works for you.

#276166 - 11/22/09 12:11 PM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

It makes no sense to play semantics with the terms style editing and style creations.
The terms are self explanatory.
And, as explained above, on the Audya, you can take a style and quickly change it the same way you could do it with Roland’s make-up tools.
And on Audya, you can add data. You can add audio loops/data.

It amazes me when a place could be said to have a “healthy arranger market” but does not have arrangers from the major arranger manufacturers. That place does not have a healthy arranger market.

#276167 - 11/22/09 12:19 PM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Be sure you read Genny's other assumptions before you believing everything he says, Jim.

Korg make a great synth based arranger, but it does not guarantee that the player will be creative...in fact, no instrument can promise that happening, although one with deeper synthesis editing might help. We could say that same thing about any other arranger feature, like style editing, something all but the very basic instruments seem to possess.

Still, you are a very creative guy, so it obviously works for you.

Again you are misunderstanding the statements.
No one said a synth based arranger will make a player creative.
Apparently some people understood and did not misstate what was said but you did not.

Even you your self have said that your Yamaha clients do not want to be creative. They don’t want style creation nor do they want a sampler or sound editing. Which is what I said about persons who like Yamaha, Roland and Ketron.

#276168 - 11/22/09 12:42 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Even you your self have said that your Yamaha clients do not want to be creative.

No, my friend, I did not say that...nor did I imply it.

Not making a style from scratch, or not using sampling, has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of creativity inherent in a user....lots of very creative players on this forum, have never made a style from scratch, nor do they want to.

It is you who is making assumptions from my words, not the other way around.

Ha Ha...and you called me a "Lobbyist"...go look in the mirror, Genny...there's your "lobbyist".

Answer me this...would you buy an Audya in it's present state...would you?

Ian

#276169 - 11/22/09 01:02 PM Re: Where is OS4
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:

It amazes me when a place could be said to have a “healthy arranger market” but does not have arrangers from the major arranger manufacturers. That place does not have a healthy arranger market.

To me, "healthy" means an abundance of arrangers, with following-up sales with educational user clinics, as well as informative promotions.

Generally, the most popular have been Yamaha and Roland (they're pretty "major")...Korg not so much...it has never really caught on...not sure why.

The music dealers in my territory are wise enough to go with proven product, not instruments that are still in the beta stage, or instruments that have poor factory support regarding repairs.

So, yes, we do have a very healthy arranger market.

Ian

#276170 - 11/22/09 01:03 PM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
No, my friend, I did not say that...nor did I imply it.

Not making a style from scratch, or not using sampling, has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of creativity inherent in a user....lots of very creative players on this forum, have never made a style from scratch, nor do they want to.

It is you who is making assumptions from my words, not the other way around.

Ha Ha...and you called me a "Lobbyist"...go look in the mirror, Genny...there's your "lobbyist".

Answer me this...would you buy an Audya in it's present state...would you?

Ian

Are you sure you were not a politician. Or, are you a politician?

I could not have written such double speak even if I wanted to.

No wonder persons here on SZ do not take you seriously other than a Yamaha fan boy.

And, if I wanted to use an arranger the same way a Yamaha user uses an arranger, and I wanted an Audya then yes I would get an Audya. And according to you, it would not stifle my creativity.

But it would not be based on the misinformation being spread by you and others here on SZ but I would ask actual users who use the Audya for gigging and in the studio. And, with any keyboard I get, I would make sure I have a good relationship with the dealer.

#276171 - 11/22/09 01:03 PM Re: Where is OS4
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
It makes no sense to play semantics with the terms style editing and style creations.
The terms are self explanatory.
And, as explained above, on the Audya, you can take a style and quickly change it the same way you could do it with Roland’s make-up tools.

We can agree to disagree on the definition of a word, but when the keyboard simply does not have the means to be programmed then it does not have a Style Edit mode at all which is a basic function of any arranger keyboard.

What the Audya has now is simply called the Mixer page on every other arranger and that has nothing at all to do with Style Edit mode no matter how much you try twist this.

You cannot defend a half assed effort like that and believe that the Audya is not missing basic functions or is not a work in progress. It's that attitude of half assed efforts that can be found across other systems. This is why even the likes of the sampler on the Audya is utterly pointless right now.

You can't create anything on it, it doesn't support any known format, it's memory size is pathetic.

Feck, last time I checked the keyboard didn't even have a Sequencer.

#276172 - 11/22/09 01:14 PM Re: Where is OS4
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
To me, "healthy" means an abundance of arrangers, with following-up sales with educational user clinics, as well as informative promotions.

Generally, the most popular have been Yamaha and Roland (they're pretty "major")...Korg not so much...it has never really caught on...not sure why.

The music dealers in my territory are wise enough to go with proven product, not instruments that are still in the beta stage, or instruments that have poor factory support regarding repairs.

So, yes, we do have a very healthy arranger market.

Ian

Actually, that is a very unhealthy arranger market.

When you have a market that only has and knows 1-1/2 manufacturers then they do not know what is out there and may be suffering from arranger deficiencies.

Page 8 of 42 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 41 42 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online