Seems to me the Audya scenario is following this path, as predicted by the FWKC of A (Fully Working Keyboard Confederation of America)...

Introduction year: 75% right.
Year two: 85% right
Year three: 95% right.
Year four: Discontinued.

It's too bad, because the Audya sounds pretty darn good...not quite as good as a Tyros2 or Tyros3, or even a PSR-S910, but it knocks spots off the current Korg arrangers.

That's why, at least here on SZ, it's most likely that Korg users will be interested in this controversial, but great sounding instrument...thankfully, not all of them have fallen for Ketron's ingenious method of introduction (see below).

So far, seems to be that at least one Audya user has a reasonably functioning instrument....Bravo! Light the signal fires! Open the gates!

It also appears that Ketron is cleverly doling out improvements over time, as it not only keeps their development costs down, but also keeps interest in each successive revision high, and, therefore, keeps SZ members talking about it....this is probably based on the premise that there is no such thing as bad publicity.

And Tony, I think you're right...it looks like OS4 will be introduced accompanied by the strains (literally) of the Unfinished Symphony....maybe they'll include it as a factory demo.

Or, perhaps an appropriate theme song based on Irving Berlin's Blue Skies...[sings]

Blue screen,
Smiling at me.
Nothing but blue screen,
Do I see.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 11-21-2009).]