Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Since you, quite obviously, play a Gem Genesys, you must not forget to include your keyboard in with the ones by Ketron, Roland and Yamaha.

Korg make a great synth based arranger, but it does not guarantee that the player will be creative...in fact, no instrument can promise that happening, although one with deeper synthesis editing might help, although we could say that about any other arranger feature, like style editing, something all but the very basic instruments seem to possess.

It has been my understanding, from reading the Korg forums, that very few users are delving very far into the synth features of the Korg...at least no further than those by Ketron, Yamaha, and Roland, but probably a lot further than those using a Genesys.

Most forum members seem to rely on the more skillful programmers on these sites to come up with interesting and/or usable sounds and samples.

As a matter of fact, Genny, I don't know anyone else on this forum using a Genesys, so it seems that you are a bit of a Yeti yourself...but a nice one.

Ian

I am sure you will find the Korg users would begg to differ with you regarding sound editing on arrangers. That is one of the gripes they have about the Audya. O and to correct you again, if I were to put the Genesys any where, it would be between a Korg and a Ketron not with Yamaha or Roland.