Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
"Flagship" means ..current best offering..

I agree Fran, but I feel Roland's present flagship, or best offering, if you will, isn't in the same category as the G-70, the former flagship and best offering.

I think, although they've added some great little features to the BK-9 that weren't on the G-70, they also took away the very things that put the G-70 in league of it's own, at the time.

Now Korg and Yamaha both have 76-note TOTL arrangers, and Roland has a 76-note MOTL as it's best offering.

I just think it's sad to see Roland drop the ball, and not make any TOTL for quite some time, and then return with a very good instrument, but not a great one like the G-70.

Yamaha and Korg seem to have no problem developing and successfully marketing flagship arrangers.

Maybe Roland's R&D funds weren't substantial enough to develop a true successor to the G-70 at that present time?

That why I referred to it as being "sad". I think it's a loss to anyone wanting a G-70 equivalent in a new model, with all the cool new features like the Chord Sequencer, for instance, but still keeping the features you liked most like the large touch screen and the same high quality aftertouch equipped keyboard.

Ian