Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
And you honestly think this post makes you seem LESS of a sanctimonious old fart?

I am amazed

Hey, Nigel... can I take the gloves off yet?

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 10-25-2008).]

I may be a 53 year old fart, But I am not frustrated in the least. And I certainly am not out to impress you. I usually look UP to people I'd like to impress. I traveled the US world performing (albeit as someone else)for many many years in various sizes of venues from 100,000 plus at Daytona Speedway to small Amphitheaters in Utah,Showrooms in Vegas ,AC, Sheveport, Theaters in Branson and countless conventions, all the ay to Diego Garcia and back. I worked with hundreds of the best musicians (who probably wanted more out of life than backing impersonator shows) but that was my fate. "Tribute artist" (to polish a turd)...... I accepted it. It paid for my home and more, I met my wife along the way I sold some of my own music.

Never became a star. I played a C-3 in cover bands as a teen an in College. Didn't care for it. Found my "calling" through Karaoke in the mid eighties in San Diego which led to bigger things and along the way my "playing" got "better" upon the release of Cakewalk I and sequencer city. Songwriting has always been my first love for passing time. It's my "golf", my "video game", my "fishing", my pleasure, I have no illusions about my songs, Its all about the journey always has been. THAT'S why I'm not frustrated. I'm still on the journey even now as I sell musical instruments to hose with big dreams. I love it.

I am not bitter. My wife humbles my playing everyday and her ability to still play for the few who would actually listen at different times in noisy bar crowds is something I respect and find amazingly humble. She has all the preschool formal training and more, has played music her whole life for her supper and there is not a shred of bitterness in her either. She has played in hair band in the 80's, major production shows, and now small clubs as a single. It's all the same to her.

Its a shame you are so bitter and needy with all those skills and blustery(conviction?).

So DIKI.......If you really "need" to "take off the gloves" to feel better, go right ahead. I can take a punch. I will assure you though I have taken much harder punches for a far longer time as an impersonator of Neil Diamond then a single frustrated musician can deal out on an Internet forum. Believe it.

Release the dogs Nigel...

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-25-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA