As a member who rarely posts but who comes on SZ and reads all the posts every day, I find it hard to believe that so much controversy arises simply because one person decides they don't like the Tyros3.

I thought the idea of SZ was to enable keyboard lovers to share their thoughts, likes and dislikes, offer help and advice and to discuss, like grown adults, the various merits / drawbacks of the instruments we use or may intend to purchase, or the way we use them and the relative ease with which we can perform with them.

I am man enough to take any flack which heads my way but still don't go out of my way to offend any other member - this would seem to be the opposite of the sites aims but unfortunately, we do seem have some spoilt children with oversized ego's among us. There also seems to be an unspoken belief that a new members opinion counts for far less than that of long time members - Not so. The size of the venue or crowd that one plays to is also irrelevant and doesn't excuse insulting people for having a view contrary to your own. We are not on a stage with the big stars but participating in a forum where the opinion of each one of us is just as valid as all the others.

I am not here to decry Tyros3 or any other keyboard because I know, and so should all the other poster's that we are still a long way from a board which ticks all the boxes. As they all leave something to be desired, there should be no reason to object to a post where someone says that I don't like Brand X model Y.

I play the Technics KN7000 and a Solton MS40 module and, due to Technics sad demise, I need to move on to a new brand and, with the ready cash burning a hole in my pocket, I was looking forward to the Tyros3 which I judged, would be the nearest thing to the perfect board. Although it has SOME good sounds and features, Yamaha have missed the chance to surge way in front of all the other makers and many people ARE disappointed. The pitiful amount of User Memory is one big drawback, with the Music Finder's lack of features found in Korg's Song Book being another. Style creation and editing is a long way behind Roland’s and not a patch on my old Technics. Tyros3 does sound nice, especially organs (and so it should at the price), but not the leap forward I expected. Many people are disappointed with the new piano voice and it would seem that the board needs some user tweaking sound wise, when it should sound good out of the box. As for all the references to the online demo's - so it should sound good (and so does every other board) with the worlds leading players on the keys.

I also like Roland’s but top of range G70 & E80 are both too big and heavy - getting a bit long in the tooth too - and there is no news of a new board from them.

Korg’s demo's sound good too but fills seem problematic and there are not enough styles around for them - I use song specific or heavily tweaked styles so that no two songs use the same style. I don't live in the sticks but in the 5th or 6th largest city in England and yet, no dealers in my locality means Korg are as hard to audition and buy as Ketron, who also make good sounding boards - but where is the Audya and where are the dealers?

In short - Any chance that we can discuss keyboards / music instead of trading insults and childish arguments?