When Class Act made the original post that she was disappointed with the Tyros3, she was, unfortunately, not specific about why she was disappointed with the keyboard. However, she clearly stated that she liked her PSR-8000 because of the complexity of the Tyros3 was a bit too much for her technical expertise--at least that's the way it read to ME!

So, instead of jumping in and trying to diagnose her problems and provide some solid technical assistance, the post was hijacked, twisted around, she was castigated by individuals that do not know anything about her and by the time the thread made it to the second page there were sparring matches popping up everywhere. This poor lady is probably thinking to herself "What in the hell did I get myself into?"

I don't know a damned thing about the Tyros3 other than what I've read on the various forums. If I did have some basic technical knowledge of the T3 I would have asked why that person was unhappy, and if there was anything that I could do to help. I can also say that 99 percent of the owners are more than happy with their purchase.

On some of the other forums there have been numerous posts of how to set the keyboard's EQ and compression settings to get the most out of the sounds, plus lots of other useful tips. On the Synthzone, especially during the past year, help from all but a few forum members is nearly non-existent. Instead, bitch and gripe sessions seem to take over threads containing the most basic questions.

IMO, which I realize does not count for a lot lately, NO ONE has the God given right to be rude or inconsiderate to anyone--whether it's on an Internet forum, over the telephone, or face to face. Yes, we all have the right to express our opinions, but civilized people usually do this in a civil manner. If you do not have the ability to communicate with some degree of civility with other forum members, what happens when you meet someone in person? Are you rude and arrogant toward family members, people you meet on the street, individuals that attend your performances?

Simon, this post got out of hand two pages ago, and I sincerely hope you will delete the entire thread ASAP. Additionally, I would hope you would reprimand the few individuals that have obviously stepped over the fine line of civility.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)