Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Kingfrog, you disappoint me...

Maybe if it was YOUR daughter being called a troll, and generally abused by the 'Yamaha bullies' on this forum, you might have a different opinion, but apparently, no offensive or abusive posting disturbs you in the least (unless, of course, it's a contrary opinion to YOURS ).

Sadly, maybe predictably, I think it is YOU that needs to take this MORE seriously. But then again, one can hardly expect anyone from the great USA to actually come out against rudeness and abusive language... Where would your culture be without them?

The difficulty most of you have with expressing yourself without outright rudeness is a result of what? Lack of education, lack of class, or just plain lack of caring?

I am tempted to say all of the above. Prove me wrong.

Get your daughters and grandkids to read your posts here, sometimes. Still feeling cocky?

I cannot, will not, don't expect to be able to police this forum, nor would want that onerous task in the slightest. But threads like this at least demonstrate that, without SOME form of collective self-censorship, it devolves into what we all saw here. A pack of schoolyard bullies, ganging up on a newcomer expressing an opinion about an arranger. And, you know what...? Were she NOT a 'she', I don't think one of you would have made the slightest retraction.

Pretty welcoming, wouldn't you say?

And I should care about "disappointing you....why?
I think you actually relish being the forum cop.The self appointed "voice of reason." The "cultural conscience" of the forum.The admonisher of those who cross your sensibilities.

I also think First Act can handle the heat as she proved without your defense, as would my daughters. God Forbid someone calls them a name....on an Internet forum no less.....eeek...I raised them to accept others and not take opinions personally. Something you have yet to learn with you self righteous nose in the air. Here in the US you need to have a thick skin and be give and take criticism. Its not always eloquent or sugar coated. It doesn't have to be

Her gender makes no difference. She hit and ran. I don't blame some for coming on hard.
I'm not making a retraction on that account. In fact I accept her apology...

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-23-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA