Originally Posted By: 124
Now that's got me curious. One of the trumpets on my Pa1XPro has a 'tail-up' on some notes. This, of course, is long before DNC came along on Korgs and the effect is, as far as I can discern, totally unpredictable in that I'm never sure when a note is going to do that. I've tried to trigger it with different finger attacks, etc., but it's an elusive little bugger. Don't get me wrong, I do like the effect, but I'd like it even more if I could control when it occurs. Would this be similar to the randomness of the Yamaha sax's scoops and slides you describe?
Cheers, 124.

With most of the SA2 Saxophones, a slide is available by holding the note, and while it's being held, play another note a 7th, maj7th, or octave higher and you get the slide...it isn't like the portamento type slide you get when you put a voice in mono...it is almost a glissando...a very fast one, and it sounds exceptionally accurate.

The same effect (on SA2 Sax) can be triggered by using Art.2 Button...and, a smaller pitch bend/slide is triggered by Art.1 Button.

These effects aren't random, but under the player's control.

Is that particular 'tail up' trumpet sound (on your PA1XPro) a monophonic voice?

Ian

The S900/S910 do not have SA2 voices...just SA1...but they are excellent and very expressive.