Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

Do you guys really think that Korg put this on the market so you professionals could play it in front of an audience, never in the manner of man. Hell guys stop this nonsense you’re not showing yourselves in a good light and you’re not convincing me that this is a wolf in sheeps clothing, I am much too old for that. You’re having a little good time while it lasts. I will give Korg one thing, their sales and demo material is the best in the business, they gotcha!!! and you have parted with your hard earned cash, that's what it's all about.

Tony

Tony,

I think the instrument sounds very, very good for the price, and for what Scott intends to use it for, which is a portable mini-arranger for taking to parties or to friend's homes as a bit of entertainment and fun, it seems perfect.

However, it looks like a toy, (yes, I know it doesn't sound like a toy) but a lot of people "hear with their eyes" and, in my opinion, this instrument would look a little strange (maybe even silly) being used, on it's own, at a professional gig.

Of course, if your gig consists of only a percentage of actual arranger playing, and also relies on MP3 (as in DJ'ing) and SMF for singing over (as in the style of karaoke), then the appearance (and small keys) may not matter very much, and may even work in the entertainer's favor.

I think one could manage using it solo at nursing homes, maybe, but for a big dance gig or show, I think we both agree, the player is going to look a tad strange sitting (or standing) behind something so darn tiny, especially if the previous performer had been playing a G-70, Tyros, or PA2Xpro.

But, perhaps we could suppose, if one is comfortable with the look, it sure would be the most portable arranger you could use on a professional gig, although you'd still need a PA system, stand, bench (if you sit), and other peripherals like pedals and foot switches, much like a full size, grown up, arranger; therefore, setup/tear down would still take exactly the same amount of time.

I think Scott's plan of using it to take to friend's homes and little get-togethers is the most sensible use for it, or as suggested, use it with another keyboard or controller....also, it would make an easy to carry back-up instrument in case your main arranger had an issue.

Ian

PS...Tony, you know me well enough to acknowledge that if Yamaha (or Roland) made a similar product, my views would still be the same as above, and full kudos to Korg for making such a great little instrument.

PSS..if this instrument is so darn good, why aren't people raving about, and buying, the instrument the microARRANGER is based on, the Korg PA-50SD, which, at only 24 lbs., is still very lightweight, almost as cheap, has full size, better feeling, keys, and, if used solo, will look far more professional on stage?