Originally Posted By: cassp

So when people ask about the keys on the Micro, I have to say that you will find that your playing will adapt to the key size and feel. It's not impossible to play, only different... keys

Adapting to the small keys isn't much of a hassle, even for those of us with larger hands, but going back to playing a "normal" sized keyboard after spending a lot of time on the small keys is a bit of adjustment.

I played around with Korg's microSTATION and microKORG Synth/Vocoder for about a half hour (they use the same keyboard), and going back to normal sized keys was...er...interesting.

Scott Yee and I talked about this quite a bit the other day, and, he feels he'll have no issues, so it will probably vary with the individual.

I suppose it will not matter much if it will be the player's primary instrument, or if it is used mainly as a SMF player, but, it is something to consider if it is part of a multi-keyboard setup.

If that is the case, it might be best to control it (via MIDI) from one of the other keyboards with standard sized keys.

Ian