Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
it takes me hours to get used to going from a very small keyboard to a full size (and vice versa), but there are those able to do it...Scott Yee says it's difficult, but not impossible.

To be honest, even on first play out of the box, I experienced very little problem adjusting to playing 'one note at a time' style melodies similar to the playing style showcased so professionally in Donny's demo. For me, the difficulty comes up when more advanced Right hand piano playing is attempted, like a succession of block chords (closed voiced). Though the keys are most certainly small, I find them acceptably playable, as long as you can deal with the limitations. Some people can, some not. For those with larger hands and/or fingers, I would pass on this keyboard, but for average and smaller sized hands, it shouldn't pose much of an adjustment problem. I continue to play my T4 , my acoustic grand, as well as microArranger and able to adjust my playing approach accordingly.

I was invited to an impromptu dinner party in San Francisco yesterday and simply put my 9 lb microArranger into a gig bag and easily took it on BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) into SF to entertain friends, playing the Korg micro thru the host's hi-fi system. Everyone was blown away by the impressive sound and above all, we all had fun. I sang & played the entire time in auto accomp arranger mode. I've got no illusion of this Korg micro ever 'replacing' my Tyros 4 arranger setup, but it certainly fills the 'all in one' pro sounding ultra portable take anywhere arranger keyboard niche I for so long could only dream of. Scott smile