Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Thanks Scott and Jez, for the kind words. The sound (and the control over it) is why I'm dedicated to the Yamaha arrangers, although I readily admit that Korg makes an equally impressive (but different) instrument in the newer PA-series. Jez, the S900 was launched way back in 2007, and that particular SA Saxophone sound is still one I use a lot today on the Tyros4...I love the way it decays (fades) on the sustain pedal, and also the way it switches to mono mode automatically. The SA2 JazzSax and SA2 BreathySax are very expressive in their own unique way, especially with scoops and slides available even without using the pitch bend wheel. The SA RockSax is what I now use in place of the non-SA GrowlSax...it has the "growl" at higher velocities with the Mod Wheel moved forward. Scott, hopefully I'll get to try the microArranger during my trip and see how well the sax (and other)sounds work, (I'm also going to try it using a controller with full size keys, if possible) but what I'd really like to get to try would be a PA3X as it uses DNC. Thanks again, guys. Ian

Now that's got me curious. One of the trumpets on my Pa1XPro has a 'tail-up' on some notes. This, of course, is long before DNC came along on Korgs and the effect is, as far as I can discern, totally unpredictable in that I'm never sure when a note is going to do that. I've tried to trigger it with different finger attacks, etc., but it's an elusive little bugger. Don't get me wrong, I do like the effect, but I'd like it even more if I could control when it occurs. Would this be similar to the randomness of the Yamaha sax's scoops and slides you describe?
Cheers, 124.