Originally Posted By: Mark79100

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

I did say those Demos that Donny played on the fly and recorded for us when he had only had the board a day before tells me two things, First Donny is a genius on the keys, and secondly he made it sound awesome, in fact his demos are better than anything I have heard so far, I would suggest he sends the demos to Korg and tells them that's how it should be done, they were brilliant, I thought he might have hit at least one note wrong with those tiny keys,
Tony

Tony,

You've got a long way to go to convince me that DNJ did those demo's "live" within a day of taking the unit out of the box. I'm also a professional accordionist. The French musette part of that demo sounds suspiciously like a MIDI file. It takes me hours to adjust my fingering from the full size piano keys to the smaller accordion keys to play that French music. More power to DNJ if that's what he did on the spot....I just won't believe it until I see it with my own eyes.

Mark

Mark, Donny has been playing a long time, and, although I haven't actually seen him play arranger, he must be one of those rare people who can instantly adapt to any size keyboard (and any type action) within a very short time after taking it out of the box.

I am like you in that it takes me hours to get used to going from a very small keyboard to a full size (and vice versa), but there are those able to do it...Scott Yee has personally told me, that it's difficult, but not impossible...he also has a microArranger and really likes it a lot.

I'd rather stay with keys of the same size, if at all possible.

Ian