Originally Posted By: Bill Lewis

My question still is if this Microarranger is so good and the same as the SD50 which has full size keys why hasn't everyone been jumping all over that?
OK, the SD50 is 24 lbs, no big deal to move in a soft case and $150 more in price but that can't be the reason the way we all spend cash on new toys.

My feelings, exactly Bill.

I'm sure there are those who could manage the small keys, and deal with the appearance, but the PA-50D (and arrangers like the S910, also at 24 lbs) aren't what we would term "heavy"...the difference in weight would be equal to a small bag of groceries, and either of these instruments would offer the "player" a far more familiar feel.

I am all for light weight, as I am extremely lazy and have a bad back, but there has to be some point where making the instrument ever lighter and smaller, will affect both professional appearance and/or a comfortable playing experience.

If the microARRANGER is used as a module, and controlled by, as in your example, a Casio PX3 (nice feeling piano, by the way), one would still need a double stand.

Ian

PS...having an instrument with the proper stage presence seems to be very important these days...witness the many shows where the digital piano is encased in a hollowed-out grand piano shell...having the right "look" is almost (or just as) important as how you sound (again, many people, especially non-musicians, hear with their eyes).