Every new product a company brings out is a gamble. The NP80v is a gamble. Yet Yamaha made it, to test the waters. The Tyros1 was a gamble. The original PSR was a gamble. A gamble that paid off.

I have yet to find an explanation for, if Yamaha make 76's in thye DGX line, the YPG line, and the NP line, and apparently have no trouble making them (despite them selling less than their 88 or 61 brethren), why Yamaha think that, as soon as these players want a BETTER accompaniment section, they also want fewer keys...

Look, guys, I get it. As long as you keep saying to yourselves that EVERYTHING Yamaha ever does is right, and of course, no argument for a product they don't make is going to make any sense. The trouble with infallibility, though, is once it is GONE... it is GONE! It's kinda like virginity... You never get it back, no matter HOW virtuous you are from that point on!

So, tell me again about the PSR9000pro...

OK, having got that infallibility out of the way, what's the basis for proving that something that Yamaha don't make COULDN'T be a success?

Thought so.