Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
It's yin and yang, Donny. Sure, you might lose a bit of punch in the drums (and who says it's wrong to complain about something so easily fixable, with a sampler on board?) but you would gain many things to compensate...

For me, it's more about getting a 76 PSR, as close in sound as they are to the Tyros, at a FAR more affordable price. I've said for a VERY long time that I would LOVE a 76 PSR. Bumping up the drum level on every style isn't going to be THAT hard a job, and that would go 50% or more to addressing the problem. For the SA sounds, and Mega guitars, it would be an acceptable trade-off, particularly if I used it for background restaurant type gigs.

But the keyboard SIZE is the deal-breaker, for me. My style and needs dictate that above almost all else. So I wait. And complain. And complain. And complain...!

One day, Yamaha is going to wake up to the fact that not JUST low-end arranger players want a 76... That's all they make, right now. But one day...

In Jerusalem!

(BTW, I wouldn't count out Korg for a good 'live' drum sound without the drawbacks of audio drums, or even a nice used G70 or E80!)

Diki fair enough......but another major concern in the 76 key saga is the KEYFEEL.....so lets say Yamaha makes a TYROS 5 with 61/76.......then people will complain that the key-feel sux and is too light, spongy or whatever and that cannot be fixed. And so it continues, compromises up the wazoo, it will never end....it's always something. There are a few good choices out there but it's up to you to evaluate, audition, and see which of the compromises YOU will endure on which unit.
meanwhile practice, perform, enjoy & learn new things about what you use now and see down the road what turns up.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-08-2010).]