Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Whether Yamaha choose to fill in the gaping gaps in their product lineup to compete against Korg and Ketron, Wersi and Lionstracs (LOL to that last one!) is up to them. The market DOES exist for a 76 PSR...

If the market does exist is not really the issue...it's how this market is perceived by Yamaha.

Obviously they don't intend to make one, regardless of whatever reasons we speculate are behind it.

I can only pass on the reason I was told when I asked for a 76'er...KingFrog got the same answer...you talked with a rep who confirmed what Froggy and I were told.

They won't make one, or change their corporate structure to make one( if that is the reason) until something prompts them to make a change.

I doubt if this thread will do it, as we have had discussions very similar to this after the Tyros, Tyros2 and Tyros3, and all that posting failed to produce a 76'er.

We've also discussed a 76-note PSR, although if ever a 76'er gets made, I'm almost certain it would be based on a TOTL.

I still think Spalding had the best suggestion with the poll, but, it would entail a lot of work, and I don't think anyone is THAT interested to go through all that trouble.

With excellent alternatives by Korg, and to a lesser extent, Audya and Wersi, there's no need to go without 76 if one has to have one...a second hand E-60 or G-70 is a good buy.

Why wouldn't you go for a Korg PA2Xpro...there are plenty second hand, and with your skills at style editing, the fills shouldn't be an issue?

I really think Roland might have had luck with a 76 GW-8...certainly no competition in that price bracket..well, maybe Casio, but they don't have the cachet of the Roland name.

Ian

PS...No, I'm not trying to spin the thread in another direction...I just think it would be prudent to look at alternatives.