'Don't be absurd! If eight out of ten people on ANY thread said they preferred Yamaha 61's to any other brand's 61's, the same Yamaha fanboys that want to shoot this idea down would be touting it as incontrovertible proof of how good Yamaha's are!'

Diki , you made the correlation not me ....You said

'80% of the 76 market is nothing to dismiss so lightly. But Yamaha ARE. No other company makes 76's as a loss leader for their other arrangers. ALL of them make a profit. Why Yamaha doesn't want a piece of this (the larger piece, from these figures!) is one of life's great mysteries.

You make the correlation that somehow Yamaha was dismissing 80% of the 76 key arranger market . Where did you get that from ? If you meant 80% of 10 people then why shouldnt yamaha dismiss them ? I would . Wouldnt you ?

If i did a survey of 1 and that person said they would buy a 76 key yamaha arranger then (according to the figures from my survey ) yamaha has ignored 100% of the 76 Key arranger market ! Absurdity indeed !

Listen Diki , you are tieinhg yourself up in knots over God knows what !!

Every post does not have to be a battle of wills.

Simply provide yamaha with real numbers and they will listen. I dont know of any company that would deliberately turn their nose up at a real quantifiable profit margin greater than what they are currently achieveing with no downside. If yamaha did this routinely they would be out of business . From where i am sitting , the only arranger keyboard companies that have gone bust , or stopped making 76 key and/or 61 key instruments are those that couldnt make sufficient profit on them.

Thats the bottom line. If you dont believe that, then there is nothing more anyone can say.