Kingfrog.., NO THEY WERE NOT created primarily on workstations. I suggest you spend a day in the field doing this style of music before you comment on how it's made.., rather than going by "from what you see or what you've heard".

Many of these loops created are done and produced WITH SOFTWARE! Sometimes the workstations get used.., but the majority of the radio hits are software produced and their beats have come from samples and loops done using software. It's not just modern styles either. You'd be surprised how many alternative, and rock songs today are done using software. Even some country hits have a lot of software influence.

I mean no disrespect Kingfrog.., but you are actually an excellent example of an older individual who has no experience in the field commenting on a style of music you do not produce.

The thing is YOU COULD hear arrangers being used.., but ONLY if the makers decide to break the wall between them and let developers on both sides share a few things every now and then.

It was only natural that DJ's were eating up the DJX and it wasn't uncommon to find them being used in clubs. There IS a market for this. Like I said.., Yamaha did it once.., it was successful (possibly a little too successful), but later killed the line.

There is a newer version of the DJX.., which is the MM6.., BUT the MM6's package isn't as "hard" as it was on the DJX.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 05-21-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.