Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Yeah..., but there are just as many out there into modern styles (who like arranger players) look to auto accomp and preset styles/patterns because they are unable to record everything from scratch. How many of those radio hits out there do you think were actually created from scratch Most of that stuff is just a sampled.., sliced and diced loop provided by another label.., with a little added flavor from the artist.

Many people out there actually rely heavily on the preset patterns found on these workstations. The DJX was so popular because well.., it has out of the box up to date "instant gratification" styles. It didn't take long for midi gurus to open the DJX up for midi apps either.

The thing is.., the need IS there. Someone just has to be willing to step up and meet that demand. Yamaha took a stab and was successful. Roland took a little stab at it with the EG-101. The need is there..., but with all do respect.., we have all the OLDER GENERATION arranger supporters who don't know the first thing about creating a modern style making all the noise saying NO don't do it. People who don't even play those style who (if those styles were available on an arranger) would simply ignore them as they would any other preset style that doesetn't interest them.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 05-21-2009).]

Yea they did and do use pre recorded loops. but those loops were often made on worlstations not arrangers. I know kids who sell those loops and none would think of creating them for or on an arranger. there is professional gear for that purpose. Fantoms. M3s, Akai, Motifs which are LIMTLESS.

From what I have seen and heard, the kids making today's music would rahter use CD loops and Acid or Fruty Loops before buying a prepackaed 4 mode "dance" style they cannot manipulate. One CD can provide 1000's of editable loops. Far more than a $1600 Arranger, but not more than a Motif or Fantom can generate,

I am older and even I know the limitations of Arrangers insofar as ace,electronica,Hip Hop et al music. I also know the TOOLS to create that music are ALREADY THERE and LESS EXPENSIVE!!

It's really a no brainer why kids don;t buy arrangers and takes about 3 minuites of thought and a knowledge of the tools that ARE available to do the same to a far greater extent.

Arrangers are sold to the traditional Home Organist market and OMBs playing popular songs fomr a wide swath of time and styles.
That is their strength....People don;t create hit songs on Arrangers. At least I don't know of any Charted songs that were done on a Tyros using Yamaha Styles....in any modern genre. On the contrary they RECREAT songs already made popular/

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 05-21-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA