This looked much more like a demo for making a style, than making a piece of music... Little eight bar chunks are not a song... (but they are a style!).

This is SO primitive compared to what you can do with the arpeggiators, loops and samples in a modern WS. This stuff goes all the way back to the Triton and before. Templates are an OLD idea.

The thing is, you are STILL hampered by the non-contemporary sound of most arrangers in making anything remotely modern sounding. I keep saying this (and have no idea why it isn't obvious to the manufacturers) that it isn't the OS and the word 'arranger' that puts kids off. It's the largely dated sounds and styles in them. Especially drums. I know even the drum grooves in my ancient Triton sound phatter and more radio ready than anything in a contemporary arranger's ROM.

Until this changes, the kids are going after M3's, M50's, Fantom's and Motif's, despite song creation being harder than an arranger. But what's the POINT of easy song creation, if what you create sounds like your Dad's music?