Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Any one of them could do it Ian. Someone just has to take the step and DO IT. Yamaha took a shot and was hugely successful with it as you and I both know the DJX tickled a lot of toes

I think YAMAHA should be the one to step up and do it AGAIN. They had great success with it before.., but I'll say that when I was in retail.., I got whispers from reps that the DJX line in the US did cut into sales of the upper gear (more than expected really)

Let me ask you something Ian... I've played the S-900 numerous times (sounds freakin great too).., but there's one section I never really looked at with the S-900. I know you can do basic patch editing with the S-900.., but will the S-900 allow you to do basic editing with the drum kits? Can you go into a preset.., and adjust the level, tuning, and panning of the individual parts of a kit on the S-900..?

You are missing something huge here.
Younger players don't want to play COVER tunes. The don;t want Prepackaged songs

they want to put the parts together themselves. The Zoom allows that. We sell them and the guys who buy them are not about the presets. They are about the VOICES. Even in a production the beats are just a piece.

They prefer the Motifs of the world where they get the best of all worlds. 4 part "styles" programmed in MODERN arrangements that can be very easily edited to a degree even the Tyros would not even come close to and with an ease of the same magnitude.

They can create everything from scratch with editing possibilities they will never fully realize. Voice choices that are unlimited with 8 elements per voice to edit and put together in combinations.....

what I am getting at is CREATIVITY....Arrangers have a huge percentage of their content ALREADY CREATED.

Workstations are BLANK slates with some creative jump off points. As a hack songwriter even I could not do what I wanted to do on the Tyros alone. I was forced to do what IT COULD DO..The Motif is the exact opposite.

And the price of entry for all that creativity is even LESS than the arrangers!!!

No I don't see youth running to any Arrangers above the 413's of the world in any great numbers. Arrangers market are the HOME ORGAN players and we the age market of that demographic today ....as does Yamaha.....
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA