It really differs by area too I guess. I live in West Virginia.., so there are a lot of folk, country, and bluegrass players here who want top end arrangers. I've been seeing a lot of PA-80's around here lately. A very popular local country band was showcased on the news last week and the keyboardist had a Korg PA-80 and a Yamaha PSR-3000. Many (that I come by here) are in their 20's but do go with the pro workstation for "ease of mind" really. I guess some of these kids are playin some rough-neck gigs on a stage behind chicken wire with beer bottles flyin everywhere

I personally liked the Tyros 2's sound. I loved the keybed on the T2 as well. I've had issues with some plastic bodies though. They scratch and chip more easily IMO.

Honestly as much as I do like Roland Ian.., my next top pick in workstation isn't from them or Yamaha or even Korg. I've got my eyes on a Kurzweil for my next purchase. I'm moving the majority of my set up to software.., but I want one kick ass hardware unit with 88 weighted keys that'll double as a workstation and a killer midi controller.

Won't be long and I'll have quite a few items up for sale. Got my eyeballs on the Kurzweil PC3X. Kurzweils orchestral patches are to die for! Anything I want to do (modern styles) will be convered with software synths and FL Studio

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 05-15-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.