I don't know why we keep saying that younger players are too poor to buy TOTL arrangers... Unless you are talking slacker teenagers! Who the hell do you think buys MoXS8/7/6's? FantomG8's, G7's etc.? Oasys's, K2600's, Nord Stage's, and the myriad of keyboards that come in in the $2500-3500+ range? Senior citizens?

IF... arrangers could make modern sounding music, they would buy them. They can't, end of story. Price is irrelevant.

And older arranger players happily put up with useless genre's in their arrangers (can't remember the last time I ever used any schlager, and most on this forum have never touched the techno section ), they wouldn't give a damn as long as what they DO use is in there!

But if the arranger makers want the younger player (<30), it wouldn't hurt to have a whole separate model geared towards this segment. First, that won't piss off the old farts, and it would allow them to drop the ballroom and polka sections. In fact, I've LONG said that arrangers don't NEED a ROM section any more (most of them can be changed, anyway)... get rid of the panel graphics that say 'Ballroom' and 'Bossa Samba' and just have numbers. Now they wouldn't even NEED two models. Just load up the Contemporary set for an MI store, and load up the 'Oldies' set for a Mom and Pop old fart store...

Kids won't use arrangers until the SOUND like WS's. And if making music on them is as easy as we find making OUR music on them (which is a bloody sight easier than how WS's make it), they won't CARE how much they cost...