I am not saying that I agree with their standards and neither do I agree with the western standards. But as long as the west keeps on promoting its ways it had better look in its own backyard. Religion suppresses women, not only in Islam but Christianity as well. You don't have to care what I think but that's the way I see it. In fact, one only has to read the bible to see what a woman's place is. So it makes no sense to start on Muslims. As long as women have to fight for their rights -and they still are- they are being suppressed, be it in western industrialized countries or Islamic countries.

1 Tim 2:8-11 I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting. In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. [Men are to lead; women are to be modest, learning quietly, and in submission; in this way, they prove their claim to godliness.]

Edited by Taike (07/08/16 05:09 AM)