Originally Posted By: rosetree
Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: Mark79100
Originally Posted By: Taike

Science can't explain everything, but religion can't explain anything.

Why are you so anti-religious and adamant there is no God (if I read you correctly)?

Maybe because he has a brain........and choses to use it.

chas

That said, has there been any US President, for instance, who has chosen to use their brain? All have made references to God, AFAIK.
Do you consider Albert Einstein as brainless? He said he believed in a higher power.

I think most Americans would agree that it would probably not be possible to get elected president in this country without passing the "God" test; result....100% God-fearing U.S. Presidents (including those who upheld slavery, presided over genocide, and "nuked" hundreds of thousands of civilians in modern day Japan. Oh, and let's not forget those drone strikes going on as we speak; good thing they only kill enemy comnbatants (sarcasm intended)). Oh, and sorry I don't meet your criteria for who is "wise" enough to participate in YOUR posts but I believe you DID say " I'm completely open to all viewpoints from anyone who wants to share a "viewpoint.". Did I get that wrong?

As far as Professor Einstein, even he has had no better luck PROVING that there is a God than any of the millions before and after him. Even so, I doubt if his vision of a "Higher Power" involves some blue-eyed Nordic type who watches every move you make and scares the crap out of you with unimaginably horrible punishments should you not obey his will (which was made known to us through a select group of very 'wise' men (apparently Einstein wasn't smart enough to make the list). Amazing that He has time to do that and still have time to create the billions and billions of stars, planets, etc. that make up just our known universe....or is it multiverse, or...

Ok, gotta go Mark. That's all the therapy you get for today. Go learn Monk's 'Well you needn't', or 'round midnight. Now that's a 'higher power' I can believe in. Have a nice day.

chas