Originally Posted By: Taike
Why are you so adamant that there is a god?

Taike......I think you took my question the wrong way. I'm NOT saying you should or shouldn't believe in "a God." I'm just wondering how you came to your belief. You're a smart man. I wouldn't ask the average Joe in the street that question.

Many people don't understand there are different flavors of people. There are some of us who prefer to be non-confrontational....they simply find "everything" in the world and how people think to be interesting. I'm one of them.

Example: I'm completely and utterly anti-gun in the hands of civilians (particularly around these parts where I live). But I DO enjoy hearing arguments from others about why they feel there SHOULD be guns "in the hands of civilians." I'm completely open to all viewpoints from anyone who wants to share a "viewpoint."

Again.....I'm not telling anyone how they should think. I just find it fascinating how folks DO think.

Yes, I believe in, not so much a God who is labeled as such, but definitely a Higher Power. This belief applies to me only as I've experienced it many times throughout my life.

I don't want to go beyond that statement. I'd rather play music than get into heated discussions about non-musical issues that go on forever.

You've helped me quite a lot in the past and....I happen to like you as a person (and as a "thinker"), so if you're offended by the question, let's just drop it. It's not that important to me!

Mark