Originally Posted By: mirza
All Nazis had to do is to read The Genesis to get their ideology. About the master race, chosen by god, everyone else is "less" than the chosen ones. Unfortunately a lot of people died in WW2 because of that ideology.

I don't think the Nazis needed to pick this aspect from the Old Testament to develop their ideology. Darwinism was good enough as an inspiration. Of course anyone can take aspects from the Bible, the Koran, the Torah and interprete them in a way that leads to cruel, unethical attitudes. Who is the culprit? The "religion" or the human beings that interprete it according to their needs? I don't really know what the outcome of this endeaver is to make "religion" the culprit. Obviously it is rather the question what somebody wants to focus on, if he wants to pick a certain aspect and abuse it.
The core message of present Christianity, at least according to the churches I know, is about Jesus who loves those who are weak, different, strangers, at the fringe of society.
It's every individual's responsibility how to interprete a religion.
So if you were able to eliminate all Bibles, Korans and Torahs, all knowledge, stories and myths about Jesus and other religious content, that's obviously what you wish for, you think nobody would develop any ill-minded ideology again, and there would be no more wars? Like in John Lennon's song?