Well, I think I hear that the vast selection of third party styles for Yamaha's is also one of it's strongest points, so THAT need seems pretty universal...

I guess the point, at least for us pros, is that a less than perfect style is just not acceptable. We get payed to sound good all night long, not just for tunes that the style is good for... so having tools available to easily correct some of the, let's just be kind and say 'not QUITE so good' styles out there are pretty much essential.

However, I'm sorry, but there are some pretty sophisticated capabilities on Yamaha's, WAY beyond what your 'average home users' are ever going to want or need. It doesn't stop you from extolling them. And I'm pretty sure that, were Yamaha to actually have editing tools in them as good as Roland's, you wouldn't be dismissing them so lightly, and would probably be pointing them out to everyone that would listen (whether they used them or not!) as something good.

Sadly, the world where ONLY Yamaha's good points are important, and every other arrangers' good points are NOT only exists in your mind. Where I come from, ALL good points are good points, and when I see something great on a different arranger, my first impulse is not to denigrate and trivialize it... it is to ask why I can't have it on MY arranger, too.

I am utterly convinced that, were Yamaha to have as easy and non-technical a way to quickly edit anything, you would be the FIRST guy to brag about it all the time...

But you don't... so you dismiss it. Kind of sad, really