Good for you...

But sadly, your arguments are no more persuasive than before. EVERY room you listen to a stereo in (short of an anechoic chamber) is rife with room reflections, standing waves and nodes. Somehow, this has NOT stopped people preferring stereo to mono over the last sixty years or so. What on earth is wrong with us?

Just tell me you listen to a MONO home music system, and I'll go away...

And let me know if you start to play large concert venues. Me, I play clubs, restaurants and corporate banquets. NONE of which are large enough to mandate a mono PA.

Look, SURE there is a 'sweet spot' where there is optimal stereo imaging. But what you are refusing to acknowledge is that every other spot is NOT 'sour', just slightly less good. If your goal is to present the same, mono sound to everyone in the room, you have hit the nail on the head. If you want to present a two dimensional sound to ALMOST everyone in the room, you cannot achieve this. I can. I can also be a LOT louder on the dancefloor without disturbing the back of the room. You can't (you are simply playing venues and audiences that don't WANT 'loud at the front').

Listen, let's get back to this in twenty year's time, OK..? If everybody is listening to line arrays of mono music, I will eat my hat (chicken or otherwise ). If they are not, you eat yours...

Everybody was predicting the LAST Bose systems (you know, the 802's) were the 'wave of the future' when they came out. LOTS of little speakers in an unconventional cabinet (sound familiar?), with dedicated controllers, etc.. And yet, despite all the hype, here we are donkey's years later, without this style having fulfilled the hype, or become the de facto type for PA usage..

History (apparently) teaches nothing....