I am getting really tired of this 'sweet spot' rubbish. I thought I had explained this well enough in the past. You have a stereo at home, I presume? Do you turn it into mono, or switch off one of the speakers unless you are sitting in the 'sweet spot'?

No, you do not.

And yet (and this is blindingly simple to test) you can discern that there IS a stereo signal from most points in the room. Yes, of course, it is not the PERFECT spot for absolutely pinpoint imagery, but until you get a very considerable distance from it (basically, another room, if you are in a house, or at the back of a large hall in venue, you CAN discern that the music is not mono, and has a spaciousness that mono cannot provide.

Simply make a test file of a piece of music, and take random sections of it, and turn them into mono, and leave some stereo. Sit anywhere in your room (or stand anywhere in a larger venue (except directly in front of one of the stacks within 1/5 of the distance between the stacks) and play it back. If you cannot hear what sections are stereo and which sections are mono, I suggest a trip to an audiologist...

It is entirely your choice to use mono or stereo, I don't care either way. But to keep repeating obvious (and easily checked) misinformation about it's effectiveness is a disservice to the forum.

Look, the PAS has many strong points. But you don't get brownie points for playing down it's weaknesses. They exist. It doesn't do stereo well, so what do you say? 'the "Sweet Spot" is very narrow with conventional systems'

And that, gentlemen is pure spin... Or, if you prefer, a "snide, exaggerated 'comment' - to put it politely" in your words. You CAN discern stereo over a MUCH wider angle and distance than just the 'sweet spot'. Downplaying the importance of stereo just because your choice of PA cannot do it well smacks of the 'fan'aticism that I was referring to.