Hello Friends,

I've been reading your comments on the Pa4X and having recently been to an OKC Music Week I can tell you the '2' basically means the original Px4X has been greatly updated.
The Korg team were there with not only the newly updated Pa4X but also a new, very lightweight piano. I was lucky enough to have the chance of playing both. Piano is my first love and the Korg's piano was a dream for me and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it. However, as we were led to believe the new Genos would be at the show, I wanted to see and play that before making any decisions at all. It turned out to be a complete 'con' in my opinion, as all we got was a lot of chit- chat and an old film on how Yamaha started up. No sight of a Genos at all.

I've since been to a local demonstration of the Genos and for me it is a 'no no' simply because although it has a 9" touch screen, it is literally embedded into the body of the keyboard and cannot be moved. I had a keyboard like this a few years back and when the sun was on the screen, I just could not see it, plus being a music reader, having to take my eyes off the music meant I often lost my place leading to embarrassing mistakes.

However a friend of mine ordered the new Pa4X-2 which is due to be delivered any day now. He's going to phone me when it arrives and has invited me to join him on the great occasion.
I'm really looking forward to it I used to have an original Pa4X and from what I saw and heard at the OKC week, the no.2 is something you cannot resist. I'll keep you posted.

Happy playing to all of you - Audrey Turner