In Henni's post, he talked about the fantastic price AJ gave a friend of his for a NEW KETRON. Universally, approved dealers ONLY can sell the contracted product. As an employee/consultant for Ketron, that's a major conflict of interest; something not tolerated by any manufacturer I know of.

Typically, when asked, a manufacturer will direct a sales lead to a dealer in the appropriate sales area.

At a summer NAMM, I was hustled to buy Ketron direct but never tell any dealer(s). I was even asked to meet away from the show for delivery. Later, I was called and offered deals
direct, without a distributor invoice.

Two guesses who did that. It doesn't matter whether this was done without the knowledge of the distributor (major blame goes to the individual) or with the distributor's OK (if that were the case, in any industry I am associated with, EVERY DEALER WOLD DROP THE LINE)!

Several good dealers have dropped the line.Good for them.

I would upgrade my SD-5 and Midjay in a heartbeat if it weren't for this major ethical "no-no".

If AJ weren't affiliated with the distributor, and was granted a dealership, it would be a different story. He probably has the OK to sell his upgrade. But, that doesn't make direct sales, bypassing distribution OK at ALL!

It's a damn shame!

Russ