Originally Posted By: Diki
Heard all the Yamaha high quality demos. You saying the difference is so subtle, not even THESE should be sufficient to make it obvious? Little point to them posting them, is there?

After all, if I play a T4 or just listen to Yamaha's official audio demos, I'll still be HEARING the same thing, won't I?

Why would I tell you the difference is more than just subtle if it isn't?

It is only by playing the two that you can hear and feel the more than subtle difference, as I had already said that not only is the overall sound sweeter and more detailed, the voices, especially SA2, responded better to the player's input/technique.

Look, I'm not trying to sell you on a T4...they'll sell like hotcakes whether you think they are much better than the T3 or not...I'm just relating my own personal experience; you can choose to believe it or not. Consider also, that my observations are not isolated...several others here on SZ encountered the same things upon playing the instrument.

If you do get a chance to try both, or even just a Tyros4, then you'll understand what I'm talking about.

If not...well, life goes on.

Ian

PS...by the way, I chose the S910 over the Tyros3 mainly because the sound is sweeter to my ears...I couldn't get the Tyros3 to sound like that, although many people still chose the latter and really liked it very much...including the guy who bought my demo.