Quote:
Originally posted by DanO1:
Ian,

I do not see or hear how a midi (computer based) guitar track from Yamaha could sonically sound better than a real audio track. To me, it doesn't make sense.

I would take the guitar tracks on my SD1plus over a Tyros 3 any day. I could not have possibly recorded all my original music with a Yamamah product and get the same authentic sound.

We'll agree to disagree.

I really enjoyed your music, and I respect your fine work, Dan...I think you are a true pro and a highly accomplished musician.

I agree that an audio guitar track might sound as realistic, or sometimes, more realistic than a standard midi guitar track, but we aren't just talking standard midi guitars; we need to acknowledge that Yamaha's mega voiced guitars are able to achieve a much higher degree of realism, and, the new GTT mode, takes them to another level.

Where the Audya's audio guitars fail, in my opinion, is that they can't play complex chords, without the addition of standard midi guitar notes...yes, the audio guitars sound very real, but the addition of lesser quality standard midi guitars takes away from the natural sound.

When they are able to recognize all guitar chords and voicings, solely with audio guitar tracks, then I will say they have reached an equivalent (but based on a different concept)level to Yamaha's success with mega voices.

Again, this is one opinion being different than the other, and, like you, I'm content to agree to disagree...I've made my point, as have you.

Ian