Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Thing is, Ian goes out and does a Yamaha clinic, he doesn't honestly expect to stand there and simply TELL everyone how good Yamaha's are. He knows, were he to do this, that a) no-one would believe a word of it, and b) he would be fired on the spot!

There you go again...assuming how I work.

My demos are very informal, befitting the laid back lifestyle of the territory in which I work.

I don't sit there, do a concert, and in between tunes, explain the features of the instrument...my clinics are "interactive" and the attendees are always given opportunities to actually play the instrument and hear directly the features I am explaining and pointing out to them...another reason for not too much of "concert" type clinic/demo, is that it may intimidate any new players from trying out the arranger.

I usually play one "fancy" tune at the end.

My years as an Electone teacher, which involved working with groups, really helped me design my demo method.

I believe my approach works well for my territory, and the sales figures seem to bear that out, although, no doubt, my success is also because the Tyros3, S910, and the CVP-series are all such terrific instruments.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 04-11-2010).]