I don't buy ANYTHING without my eyes wide open, Ian...

If I ever got one, it would be with the assumption that I was getting what I was getting. Largely a 'preset' arranger, at least as far as the rhythm section was concerned.

But it's HARDLY a two trick pony. One thing we ALL ought to be asking of our own arranger makers in the same tone that you use for 'why did they skimp on the guitar chords?' (and I've already posted at length that I think that is simply an issue of technology hasn't caught up to their vision, rather than any 'skimping' on Ketron's part) is 'why just ONE Break/fill?'... Ketron provide one per Variation, a FAR more musical approach to the task.

'Why no real arpeggiator?' They are quite different to pattern playback based on NTT's, and essential to many older forms of music (all the way back to Kraftwerk and before) not just modern stuff.

Why no 'Riff' feature (or whatever Ketron are going to turn Riff into)? Surely SOME of us can play a solo using two hands? Even if one is just for the bender? And some of us play sax, trombone, guitar, etc.. Be nice if we didn't HAVE to use an SMF just to take a solo...

There's MUCH about the Audya we ought to be looking at with VERY jealous eyes, IMO, Ian. It's not JUST a drum loop playback tool, you know...