Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
Everyone hears things differently no one is right.

Except for me and you

To be honest, I've got a score reader on my G70. They are bloody useless. OTOH, a jpg or bmp reader, like the E80 has (but can't, due to hardware issues be retrofitted to the G70) is a thing of beauty.

Scan the lead sheet, link it to the style... couple of buttons for page turning, Bob's yer uncle! A nice way to get rid of fake books...

It's a T2/3 feature I wish Roland had. But, OTOH, given a choice between the Makeup Tools style and sequence editing tools and a fake book display, because I don't use fake books much I'd have to stay with the Makeup Tools, which I DO use on a daily basis...

One thing I LOVE about the Makeup Tools is that you can use it live... Play a sequence or style at the gig, and suddenly realize that the snare is a hair too loud, or the guitar part is too bassy, it's a snap to call up and adjust while you play, and then store at the end of the song. Fine tuning at the gig is the last step of polishing a mix, and the easier it is, the more likely you are to do it...

This goes WAY beyond simply dialing the volume of a style Track up or down. Just about everything, including the sounds within a kit, and all their EQ's, pitches, actual drum sounds, you name it, are VERY easily called up during playing, adjusted, and then stored. It's things like this that make me unable to change from Roland...