Well thank you guys for your support.
Paul thanks for reply too it was very much appreciated, The only person that knows me a bit in this forum is Scottyee because I bought a Digitech from him and he knows how I trust people that is sending him money without even knowing him...that he can tell himself.
Paul I have wrote to Mr Marebella 3 times in a polite way and still he never answeard me. I assure you all it wasn't a mistake that they sell the Keyboard with a 1.3GB instead of 2GB they must have had a SURPLUS of 1.3GB because they where used in WK8 so the first lot came out with a 1.3GB, which is not fair to us who both the first keyboards. I had good relation before I found out about the hard disk and Mr Marabella did send me an update, and then when I asked him about the Hard Disk that was the end of him replying me, now mind you when he send an upgrade to me I share it with 15 others who have them.

That is not way to treat genuine customesr who had General Music keyboards for the past 12 years.
I personaly was promissed before the Keyboard came out that we could make an upgrade so to install 10GB in a very short time!!!! up to the moment we Genesys owners can't upgrade not even to 4GB like the Genesys Pro now that is a let down.

When you have a mother company treating customers like that it leaves you with no alternative but to write to forums like this one and the no to ever buy it's products again.

I have great respect to Paul D but I bout the keyboard from Italy even though I live in Malta and that is why I get this problem.
Paul I will be sending you my email and thank you for any help.

Scottyee thans for your response and yes I am doing ok with the Digitech.

Again Wishing you all the best for the festive seasons.

Tony.