Hi tony

I'm really sorry for what happen with you...
It's really strange, I know really well a lot of guys of GEM Italy, the boss is my good friend too, but I never had hear so one problem. Beliveme, they are really serious guys....maybe they don't had saw the code of the hard disk...sometime in production may happen.
Try to contact they again, sure you get a reply and a good CARE ASSISTANCE.

About your OS that you need....if you get problem for have a Genesys OS, go direct to my friend Enrice web page: http://www.enricofalcone.de/
there you will find the LAST one OS for Genesys.

About Paul, Generalmusic USA...why you are NOT allowed to send a new OS for your client??
Com on! Are you joking?
Remember that GEM, like all the other company, made PROPIETARY OS in binary file, it mean: ONLY the own keyboard can LOADING this binary OS!In this way, the all genesys can ONLY load your specific OS binary file.

It NOT possible that another keyoard may try to load it why is NOT compatible.
With Binary OS file, is not possible editing or some other stuff.
Anyway, remember that every GEM keyb are born in Generalmusic Italy factory and the OS binary file too.So...IF you buy a GEM here or there...where is the difference of the OS??

Look at me, I buildin keyboards too, with LINUX OS and all people there can copy, editing, updating how they like and want...
Honest? I really don't care...why sure they will to working into my keyboard and then I get back all this software application too...

cheers
Domenik