Exactly, Chas. What good is an ARRANGER without the industry standard four variations..? Or the industry standard style import? This still being the ‘General ARRANGER Forum’, I will continue to review keyboards with arranger features as any other arranger. Maybe the day we start a ‘Stage Piano with very limited Arranger features’ forum, the FP-E50 will be the best thing ever made.

Maybe some of us are content with performing entire songs with two basic beats. But I guarantee, were you to ever play with a drummer that was so limited, you’d fire him..! For 20+ years, arranger players have had four variations to choose from. And you know what? In 20+ years, nobody has EVER said ‘I wish there were fewer’.

Until now…

My job here is not to make you feel better about your purchase. But it might be to inject a note of caution to arranger players that buy into the initial enthusiasm, unaware of basic issues that a non-arranger enthusiast might gloss over. That this has got your hackles up about it seems to prove my point.