Chas, there are indeed people here at least as smart as me! However, not one of them INCLUDING YOU have pointed out that there is no style import for the FP-E50 other than Roland’s commercial content.

Thousands of wonderful styles, completely unavailable. For the ‘average’ arranger user, this is a rather important factor. And it all seems so arbitrary. There is obviously a well hidden style import routine but nothing for the user to mess with.

Yamaha sell style packs. But they don’t orphan your existing collection. Yamaha arrangers have style import, but they didn’t choose to remove it for the DGX. What confuses and disappoints me mostly is, it must have taken considerable time effort and expense to redesign the style import procedures so that only curated, copyrighted and commercial styles can be imported…

I guess if you go into a purchase with no expectations, you’re never disappointed. But, as far as I can remember, there hasn’t been a keyboard with arranger features in this price range for thirty years that could not import the buyers style collection.

I just have to wonder… is there an unwritten rule at all the manufacturers that says ‘If you make an affordable 88, you must remove at least ONE basically essential arranger feature, preferably more’! Because that’s the story of 88 note arrangers in a nutshell..!