I think any reading of the design and features of this instrument would make it clear that this was never intended as a full blown arranger, but instead a mid-priced digital piano with 88 weighted keys, an excellent sampled piano, and a few arranger-type features. To rate it as an 'arranger' is ludicrous (unless you're deliberately trying to criticize it - nothing new there). The minimal arranger features appear to be there more as an aid to practicing than a gig-worthy feature. I've had mine for about two weeks now and am very happy with it for fulfilling the purpose I bought it for. The specs and features were clearly listed and demoed on the net and if one wanted a full blown arranger keyboard, there were plenty of other options on the market. From what I can gather, most of the (many) new purchasers are not 'arranger' players but guys looking for a decent, inexpensive digital piano that COULD be used as a 'stage' piano.

Sorry, but I just get so sick and tired of the same people 'bad-mouthing' every product that they don't personally own (or intend to own). In most cases they've never even seen the product, much less played it. It must be sad to live a life of 'gloom and doom' where one's only joy seems to be finding something to criticize. Jeez, get a puppy.

I don't think Roland 'missed any opportunities' as the board seems to be very popular and well-received by it's INTENDED MARKET.

chas