Don, Gary....c'mon guys. I didn't want to say anything because I'm always viewed as being negative; but Don, you're way too good a musician and way too familiar with that tune to say that that is the way Ray Charles did it. I think Boo went out of his way to indicate that his post was meant soley as CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. I understand trying to be supportive of other members' musical efforts, but I think sometimes we risk doing a disservice by not pointing out the very obvious errors that change the whole characteristics of the song. I mean, what's wrong with saying "I applaud your effort but the chords are incorrect". If we aren't able to say that, then the forum has NO value as a learning platform to improve your performance.

I applaud Boo for 'keeping it real' and offering helpful advice and feedback. And BTW, if anyone else is playing these same chords, then YOU'RE playing it wrong too. JMO. Oh, and if you're trying to learn a new tune, you should probably have the sheet in front of you.

chas