Originally Posted By: cgiles
You're completely right Dave, as always. And in fact I don't usually read posts on this thread that are posted by the OP. Nothing personal, I just have ZERO interest in the Audya or any other Ketron product. For the type of music that I like, I have never heard a Ketron style or demo that would inspire me to own one. As you said, I could choose to just ignore it.....but it keeps accumulating those little numbers......then I have to click on it in order to get rid of them.....then a post like NoteBender's catches my eye, then...........well, you know. Anyhow, I'll let you go back to watching reruns of GLEE.

Merry xmas,

chas

Chas,

You are right, as for the Audya some people cannot put it down once picked up, I am not certain what it is, the Wersi is the same, there is a small elite club that follow the two products, Loinstracs nearly made it into the fold but events overtook them and who knows where they are. There are a few SZERS that have Audya but looks now like only two, Bernie9 never speaks of his, not sure if he takes it on gigs. To go overboard on a product that you have bought is OK, Heenie appears to get more response than Bill Abacus on anything he puts up on SZ at the moment. There are both forums for Wersi and Audya Nigel saw to that for them, but no one goes there except a brave and true few, there they post to themselves, it's a bit like going shooting pheasant and when there are no pheasant to shoot barn doors and tin cans will do. Lets just face it both Wersi and Ketron are high end cost bits of kit that most can't afford to buy, built in very very small numbers and frankly would any audience know what the hell was being played if you had an Audya. The Wersi range and the Audya will perpetuate into nothing unless something changes dramatically. I sold my Audya 12 months ago, I don't miss it at all, it had some very good sounds and styles, it even had a left hand volume control God forbid??? The problem all Wesri and Audya owners have if things go wrong, where is your support and let's face it real testing of a product is best automatically derived when a product is made in vast numbers, any faults particularly in firmware will be wormed out by user interaction. Most people don't want to mess with software on a KB, Wersi and Audya you can mess your days away, most just want to site and play and are not seeking finite perfection. If I could play perfectly I might want dabble with software, I will get the playing right first..
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey