I think this is going to be a great forum especially for us beginners.

I do have a very basic question that I guess fits within this forum.

I haven't yet progressed into using the pc for creating styles or sequencing. I also have a Roland EXR7S and am still at the stage of finding styles I like using and have recently gotten a cd containing over 7000 Roland styles. My keyboards are way on the other side of the room and not connected via usb or anything like that yet, so I have been dumping styles to a floppy and bringing them over to the keyboard and listening to them there. I am wondering if there is a utility available that I can use to audition Roiland .stl files on the pc using my desktop's sound card. I fully understand it won't sound that great and nothing like the style will sound on the Roland but I would at least like to be able to click on a style, or bring it into a utillity and just get a quick idea of the general type of style it is before shlepping across the room to the keyboard. Is there anything like that available without spending a ton of money on something like Sonar or BIB or OMB? I'd appreciate any ideas on this. Thanks.

------------------
Rick Alfaro
Yamaha PSR3000
Roland EXR7S