Quote:
Originally posted by kla4:
You seem to think the memory-size for sounds makes the difference in quality ? ... I doubt that very much.

The quality of the samples, the SA2, the megavoices, the excellent programmed musical styles, the ease of use, the stable OS etc..... they together make a great machine.

In my view neither the Mediastation nor the Wersi can offer these combined in one box.
Especially the MS 'shines'in non-musical-feel styles, unprofessional recorded demos and Liontracs persists in telling what is wrong with ALL other brands

Sorry guys..... I was not able to suppress my feelings this time

Being a reasonably accomplished pro audio engineer I can confidently say that given appropriate recording techniques the memory size of the samples does matter. If you believe that Yamaha can make a sample with a few Megabytes that rivals one of several Gigabytes you are sadly mistaken. The reason manufacturers use lower amounts of ROM isn't because they can squeak phenomenal sounds out of a few MB of ROM, it's because it's cheaper for them to do so.

I welcome anyone to bring their Tyros I, II, or 3 (when they get one) over and sit it side by side my Wersi factory sounds or running a large sample VST library and see how well your keyboard fares. I already know which one is going to come out ahead and it won't be the Yamaha. I've owned the best Yamaha has to offer so it's not like I don't have a frame of reference to go by.

I'm curious whether you've actually played a Wersi OAS 7 instrument or a Mediastation? Given your statements I'd venture that you haven't. The Mediastation sounds far better than you and others think it does. Sure the styles on the Mediastation aren't similar to Yamaha's but sound wise the Mediastation is far better than you can imagine.

Wersi has an extremely well integrated and stable OS and I find it far more intuitive than Yamaha's. Even with the numerous features the Wersi has that the Yamaha's lack the Wersi is still a piece of cake to operate. Try one and see for yourself.