Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dnj:
[B]Merciless? Hmmmmm? I dont think so.
Remember I live in this world also, I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination....I have made huge financial mistakes in my life also, BUT, thankfully I learned by those mistakes very well & changed those bad financial habits and little by little made my life more comfortable. If you cant take the truth I'm sorry for that, I mean no misfortune to anyone...just making a statement of how I perceive what the heck is going on out there in this crazy world, & hope someone will absorb what I'm saying for the better. .....it's all right there in front of everyones nose LOOK AROUND YOU !
Instead of complaining be a leader & make the required changes to better the problems.
Take care of #1 no one else will.

Have a nice day

[QUOTE]

Donny,

Maybe "merciless" WAS the wrong word. I think "insensitive" is more appropro here.

Have you considered that others who read these messages are maybe not as "enlightened" as you are in financial matters? Or that no one likes to be "lectured" no matter how many mistakes they made?

Have a nice day.

Eight hours later and I’ve thought about what I wrote to Donny in my last message. I think I did him a disservice.

My response should have been:

You’re absolutely right, because, as has been mentioned by other members, most of us got to where we are the hard way. I, too, have little patience for those folks who didn’t take the time to do life’s homework and ended up with their present day problems that finally caught up with them.

The difference between Donny and me (and I’m sure others) is I keep it bottled up while Donny has no reservations about “telling it like it is!” There should be more of “telling it like it is” and maybe the world wouldn‘t be in the mess it is today. I definitely think HIS way is better!

My own words “merciless” and “insensitive” still apply but in a different context now. The context being I now recognize his version of “tough love!”

Donny also said: “I hope these people make it through & adjust to what’s happening asap.” In view of that, and having re-read his message a few times now, I would say he meant well and I tip my hat to him for his candidness.

Lucky