Somebody has to take a hit and it shouldn't be you. You do what you have to do in today's economy. Gas here in So. calif. is hovering around $4.40 a gallon for regular unleaded and some say it will hit $5.00+ by the end of summer. I really feel for those who have an RV or an SUV. As we speak, 5 major oil consuming countries including the U.S.A. are asking, or rather I should say pleading, with the oil exporting nations to increase oil production immediately, and their reply was oil production will in NO WAY increase until AFTER the oil summit on September 9th in Vienna.

Yeah, you will need to increase your gig prices if you have to because you are a service being rendered to the public i.e. musical entertainment, and gas prices i.e. driving to and from gigs, are all factored into the price of the service. When the cost in the price to deliver those services goes up, your prices have to go up accordingly to be able to offset the higher price that it costs to provide those services. >> Even though you may not want to because of kindheartedness or the possibility of them turning you down or losing the contract if you did happen to raise your prices. Like I said, you do what you have to do.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 06-07-2008).]